2017, editor & communications coordinator. the centre for addiction & mental health. toronto, on.
- work with stakeholders (including writers & clients) to edit external and internal communications, including guides, brochures, research papers, posters, among other diverse media. this position requires strong time management and communications skills to set soft and hard deadlines with stakeholders.
2017, editor. rubicon. oakville, on.
- worked in-house to edit (substantive, copy & proof) children’s educational books. this task often required intensive reworking of major passages and a knowledge of how text & images are complementary.
2016-2017, assistant planner, graphic designer & social media coordinator. nouveau event planning. windsor, on.
- designed & created marketing materials for various events, including directories, invitations, brochures, pamphlets, posters, among others.
- wrote & edited online content; planned & posted this content (faceboko, instagram, twitter) using hootsuite.
2016, proofreader & copyeditor. drawn & quarterly. montreal, qc.
- worked in-house and remotely to proofread & copyedit various comics. for some comics, editorial work required manually changing text via photoshop.
- completed extensive production work, including extending bleeds, pre-press checks, patching comics, and creating fonts with fontlab.
2016, proofreader. the alcuin society. vancouver, bc.
- proofread & edited the alcuin society’s catalogue.
2015, author contact & social media assistant. simon fraser university’s centre for dialogue. vancouver, bc.
- maintained an active facebook presence & planned various readings for the contributors of the revolving city.
2014-2015, social media assistant. black moss press. windsor, on.
- maintained an active online presence by regularly updating black moss press’ facebook page and wordpress site.
2014, consultant. bonbons SQUISH candy. montreal, qc.
- wrote the first draft of the training manual.
- translated & edited SQUISH’s candy product knowledge sheets, assuring to maintain consistency while creating the sheets for approximately ninety products in both english & french.
2010-2011, editorial intern. black moss press. windsor, on.
- edited roger bell’s candy cigarettes.
- designed the interior & exterior of the memoir.